Saturday, November 20

excited contentment

After traveling to connect sisters together for a mini vacation, when I got back into town I remembered that the dogs were out of food and I needed to make a quick stop to pick up their dog chow.
Once I got home with their big bag of dog chow, the dogs were so excited to see me and get fed their bowls of supper.


And that's when it struck me.  Every day these two dogs get fed the same meal twice a day.  Every day these two dogs are soooo excited to get fed the same meal twice a day.  Day in and day out.  For YEARS.  


Can you imagine if WE had to eat the same meal three times a day? Oh wait a minute.  What about the Israelites who were given the miracle of manna from heaven on a daily basis?  Seems it wasn't too long and they weren't thankful for what they had been given but were instead thinking about all they didn't have.  They remembered the delicious Egyptian food with great fondness, but somehow had forgotten the harsh and brutal slavery conditions that came with eating that food.  


Yes, so often we can take our eyes off of the generous daily provision that the Lord sends our way and tend to NOT be content with having our *needs* met but demand that our *wants* be met, also.


Ahhhh, may my heart attitude be like my dogs.  Ever excited and delighted with the Heavenly Hand that daily provides exactly what I need!  And may I add that I am indeed thankful that it is NOT dog chow! ;-)


May you see with new contented eyes how wonderfully God provides for those in your garden!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Just think of the enthusiastic devotion God would constantly get if He'd only created dogs instead of humans!!! Kinda wonder what He was thinking....

But I guess it would be tougher to have those parties in heaven with all the angels celebrating the finding of the lost if there were no strays or lost to be retrieved or found.

mom said...

Good point! Keep up your enthusiasm, Tammi!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin