Thursday, November 25

overflow the gratitude

"As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and not being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude." ~ Colossians 2:6-7 NASB


Looking back, it has been a year of great highs and great lows for me personally. And yet, all those experiences have given me firmer roots as they've established my faith in ways nothing else could.  For that I am very thankful on this day!  


And I will be even more thankful when by the end of this day each one of my children and their families will be under my roof.  I know that as my family grows and moves further from home establishing other family ties, it will be harder for all of us to come together at one time.  How can I not thank God for the treasure of time this weekend ahead will be!


As I pray for my family travelers on this day as they go over the rivers and through the woods to grandmother's house, I will also pray for the families I know who will be missing someone around the table this year.  There is always some sadness that comes with the happiness of gathering on traditional holidays as memories are so prevalent at times like this.  


Happy Thanksgiving!  May your gratitude overflow on this day!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Once again, I wish you all the warmth and joy of a blessed time together as a family!

Brook said...

Being grateful along with you. Blessings to you and your family too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin