Monday, November 15

Simple Woman's Daybook for November 15


For today November 15

Outside my window.....the early morning skies are dark and gray with chilly temperatures.

I am thinking.....about how busy the week ahead is looking right now.

I am thankful.....for God's continued provision for our family.

I am wearing.....a denim skirt and my pink hooded sweatshirt.

I am hearing.....my husband talk to the dog in the kitchen.

I am creating.....a baby quilt and hope to have time to cut out the pieces this week to be able to sew it next week.

I am going.....to keep phone calls short this week.

I am reading....a book a friend loaned me to look through which I've decided to put on my Christmas wish list.
 
I am praying.....for a short and wonderful labor for a friend.
 
I am remembering.....sledding and ice skating on Thanksgiving Day many years ago.  If we keep up this cold snowy pattern, the kids may be able to enjoy those activities this year for Thanksgiving.

I am hoping.....that we'll get some fresh venison in our freezer this fall.
 
On my mind.....is learning how to use all the Microsoft office products.  One of those old dog new tricks kind of things.
 
From the learning rooms....we are working hard this week in anticipation of taking next week off for a Thanksgiving/hunting break.

Noticing that....this stretch of night flashes is lasting WAY longer than I'd like it to be!

Pondering these words....."Help me not to live this life in the horizontal, never slowing or resting long enough to see your vertical vistas." ~ Michael J. Easley

From the kitchen.....there will be a bit of baking so the menfolk have some goodies to take along to the hunting camp.
 
Around the house....are mittens, hats, socks, boots, snowpants, and coats that have been placed in strategic places to dry from our wet snow.

One of my favorite things.....are the candle scents that come with autumn.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include getting things ready for my hunting menfolk,  connecting one daughter with another daughter for a mini-vacation, a midweek early morning women's Bible study at church with a Bible study in our home the same evening, getting a son home from college, putting in some work hours, and hopefully being a birth doula for my friend's fifth baby!  Time to come out, sweet baby!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.... 
It's a hard life if you are one of my garden pumpkins as you have to sometimes endure snow and frost as autumn decorations before coming into the house for pumpkin seed harvesting!


Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating during the month of November or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Jerralea said...

I have heard of frost on the punkin, but you captured snow!

Hope the birth that you will be assisting goes smoothly and quick!

The Prude said...

Maybe for the cozy season you need to subtitle your blog 'Hearth Glimpses'
Every Monday should be as inviting as your Monday was!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin