Friday, December 31

no pause in living

"New Year's eve is like every other night; there is no pause in the march of the universe, no breathless moment of silence among created things that the passage of another twelve months may be noted; and yet no man has quite the same thoughts this evening that come with the coming of darkness on other nights." ~Hamilton Wright Mabie


Having spent some time with my stepdad on this day as life will be dramatically changing for him in the new year, my thoughts travel back beyond this year and to so many other years in the past as I glimpse at the passage of time.  These thoughts cause me to pause and wish that there were a few breathless moments of silence on this night to ponder life more deeply as I consider the days that pass so swiftly and are called a lifetime.  


Only God numbers our days.  


How can they best be lived fully and notably for Him in the new year to come?


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin