Monday, December 20

Simple Woman's Daybook for December 20


For today December 20

Outside my window.....the early morning skies are still dark and the temperature is below zero.  Snow will be coming later today.

I am thinking.....about the Christmas tasks I have left to do which is pretty close to the same list I had at the beginning of this month.

I am thankful.....for how God's Hand protected our family over the weekend.

I am wearing.....my flannel bathrobe and fuzzy pink socks.

I am hearing.....one of our dogs snoring in the hallway.

I am creating.....an encouragement box with some pretty scrapbooking papers I bought.

I am going.....to do most of my shopping online except for the little things I can pick up locally.

I am reading....my Bible and a prayer book.
 
I am praying.....for a son taking a PT test this morning.
 
I am remembering.....the Christmas excitement in the house when all my children were little.  Seems like yesterday.

I am hoping.....that my Christmas cards will be in the mail before Christmas.
 
On my mind.....is the continual challenge of BALANCE.
 
From the learning rooms....it is quiet since most of the children are now on break except for a couple who have some studies to finish up yet.

Noticing that....I need to get back to regularly walking as it does help with the stresses of life.

Pondering these words....."One of the great needs in the church today is for every Christian to become enthusiastic about his faith in Jesus Christ." ~ Billy Graham

From the kitchen.....there will be LOTS of cookie baking this week.

Around the house....are too many crumbs as my children have been too frequently breaking the "only eat in the kitchen" rule.  

One of my favorite things.....are snowy blustery days when I don't have to leave my house and can cozy up by the woodburner.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include shopping, wrapping, baking, sewing, working, writing, and CHRISTMAS!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.... 
Remembering the reason for the season keeps a heart calm.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating during the month of December or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

The Prude said...

Love these glimpses into your world!

Love Bears All Things said...

I remember the excitement when my children were small,too..I can't believe how old they are because it does seem like yesterday...the eating only in the kitchen rule just doesn't work at our house..we tend to eat our meals in the family room..
I don't want any snowy blustery days but if we had them, I'd certainly want to stay home.
Merry Christmas,
Mama Bear

mom said...

Aw, thanks, Anita! The glimpses aren't too exciting, so I'm glad you're enjoying them.

Haven't seen you, Mama Bear, in a long time! Thanks for stopping by and reminiscing a bit with me :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin