Monday, December 6

singing praises

This past fall for my birthday, my girls gave me this:
Chris Tomlin's Hello Love 


The first opportunity I had to run errands, I took the CD along in the car so that I could listen to it with my three girls in tow.  And what was the first thing I did once it started playing?  I started singing, of course!  


From the backseat of the car I heard....


"I told you she'd do it."


"Do what?" I asked.


"SING, Mom!" was their reply.


"How can you NOT sing?  The first song on the CD is 'Sing, Sing, Sing', you silly girls!" I said in-between singing the words.  


And so it has continued every time I'm in the car.  I sing with every song on this CD as I enjoy his music so much.  In my mind it continues to prove the point that if you are having a badattitude or a down day and make the choice to put on music praising God, you immediately feel your spirit change as your heart goes from dwelling on yourself to putting your eyes back on your Heavenly Father.  And isn't that where your daily moment-by-moment focus should be?


With the holidays upon us, there's even more opportunities to sing praise and worship songs....in the car!  I smiled about the idea that Suzanne had over at The Joyful Chaos as she shared her Christmas gift to readers.  I wonder what my girls would say about that idea?  hee hee....


May there be LOTS of singing in your garden today!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

what a fun birthday gift. Sing your heart out my friend. Sing, sing, sing!

mom said...

I will, Kimmie! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin