Thursday, December 2

thankful beyond Thanksgiving time

It's been quite awhile since I've participated in a Thankful Thursday, but it seems appropriate at the moment as each day throughout November I've been easily finding things to be thankful for in my life.  The problem is....I can't seem to stop now that December is here!  Yes, this truly is NOT a problem as a heart full of thankfulness can only point back to the goodness of a Heavenly Father through the  thick and thin of life.  


Here's the thankful overflow of today:


*For a warm house now that winter has arrived.
*For the beauty of the snow lightly falling outside my window.
*For the ministry of friends who are an encouragement when I am discouraged and frustrated.
*For the wonderful bond that develops among friends in Bible study groups as we dig deeper into God's Word together.
*For a healthy family at the moment when there's a lot of illness going around the community.  My husband thinks it's the kombucha tea...hee hee...but I'm going to claim God's goodness this morning.
*For the provision of work which allows all our needs to be met in God's perfect timing.
*For sons who are trained in computers and can help their poor mother out when she needs to do things that are beyond her computer literacy which means they frequently get called upon.
*For the strength that can only come from God to get certain tasks done.
*For the generous heart of a husband who reaches out to those in need.
*For the faithfulness of God who walks with us as we take steps of obedience into unknown territory.


Okay, I'll stop my thankful list at ten.  How about you?  What is the thing you are most thankful for today?


If you'd like to participate, too, please click over to Thankful Thursday


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Jerralea said...

Great thankful list!

I often call upon my daughters for tech support also. They know lots more than I do!

Judith C Evans said...

Amen to thanks for friends who provide encouragement...the Lord has certainly reminded me of that blessing this week. What an inspiring gratitude list! Happy Thankful Thursday!

LaughingLady said...

It always amazes me that since I've started literally PRACTICING gratitude how much I realize I have to be thankful for that I never really thought much of before. AND how much easier gratitude seems to be coming, even when things aren't going my way.

Great list!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin