Saturday, January 8

the double sun of today

Ahhhh, it's been such a busy week!  By last night I was totally wiped out and ready for rest.  How nice to wake up this morning to a quiet sleepy house and sip my first cup of coffee in solitude.  Although I've had a brief devotional time in my Oswald Chambers book each morning, it was the first opportunity I had to really start going through the devotional journal that I recently purchased for the new year of 2011.  


Ohhhh, it felt soooo good to ponder over God's Word in the stillness of the morning!  To read, to think, to journal, to pray, and to apply in the days ahead with the help of the Holy Spirit.  It felt like brilliant sunshine to my spirit as I arose from my desk to check on the rest of my household.


Awwww, it was all enhanced by the skies that cleared allowing the warming sunshine to stream through my windows.  There is absolutely nothing like the bright sunshine to improve my day as we've had too many gray cloudy flurrying kind of days lately.


Sun on the inside and sun on the outside.  A perfect day indeed!


Enjoy your weekend!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

I love my early mornings alone with God ~ the house all dark and quiet, a hot cup of coffee steaming in my hands, my prayer journal beside me, and my Bible open in my lap. BEST time of day; best way to START the day!

mom said...

I hear you! AMEN!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin