Thursday, January 6

the greater measure

My pondering for the day - "The measure of the worth of our public activity for God is the private profound communion we have with Him." ~ Oswald Chambers


This statement stopped me as I considered how much we can squeeze into our day yet will often realize at the end of the day that we hadn't made much time at all for God.  Yet without that private time spent with God much of our squeezed in public activity could be considered quite meaningless.  


Hmmm, seems like the beginning of the new year would be a good time to prove the worthiness of this very statement by doing the opposite of what we tend to do. How about making private profound communion with God a worthy main time priority and doing all that other public stuff only if there is time left?  Perhaps the public activity would shine with God's fingerprints all over it bringing Him the glory?


It's worth a try!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

The Prude said...

We've been noticing how many times Jesus spent the entire night in prayer.
If God Incarnate needed to do this, I am ashamed at how often I have quick, zip-line prayers.
Good reminder!

mom said...

I could attempt to spend much of the night in prayer since these night flashes keep waking me up off and on......

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin