Saturday, January 15

nothing is too hard

From my devotional yesterday:


"God loves us so well that He will not suffer us to take less than His highest will.  Some day we shall bless our faithful Teacher, who kept the standard inflexibly rigid, and then gave us the strength and grace to reach it, and would not excuse us until we had accomplished His glorious will." ~ A.B. Simpson


When I read this, well, I smiled to myself.  As God has put various callings on my life to follow where He was leading, how often have I whispered back to Him - "too hard too hard too hard" - and attempted to turn back the way *I* thought I should go.  


And yet hadn't I wanted with all my heart to be walking in His will for my life?  Hadn't I told Him I'd be willing to sacrifice where I needed to in order to be living my life for His purposes?  


Each time as I have taken those steps in the direction He was leading, He has faithfully provided the strength and grace needed.   Even through the tough times.  Even through the messy times.  Even through the buckets of tears.  He was there and His Word promises me He will never leave me nor forsake me.   


And that's good enough for me because NOTHING is too hard for God (Jeremiah 32:17) which means nothing is too hard for me! 


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin