Saturday, January 1

pondering to be resolved

Through the years I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions since they only seem to be promises which are doomed to failure.  However on this first day of a brand new year, I have been pondering my way through a list of SEVENTY resolutions written in the 1700's by a known preacher, theologian, and missionary by the name of Jonathan Edwards.  It has been noted that he'd read through this list on a weekly basis as he resolved to live in a more godly manner.


Perhaps I'll endeavor to resolve a few things on this list myself in the new year.  Interested, too?  You can read through The Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards on the Desiring God website and ponder them yourself!


Happy New Year!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

The Prude said...

Oh my. He was quite a man.
I would need to add #71:
Resolved- When I mess up (and I will) on Resolutions 1-70 I turn to God in humble adoration that my acceptance by Him is based fully on His grace and Christ's completed work.

mom said...

Oh, Anita! A hearty AMEN to resolution #71 and God's abundant grace!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin