Monday, January 10

Simple Woman's Daybook for January 10


For today January 10

Outside my window.....the skies are mostly cloudy today and the temperatures are in the low 20's which is mild for January. 

I am thinking.....about all the things I need to accomplish this week and how it'll only all get done with God's help as I certainly don't have the energy in my own strength. 

I am thankful.....for how God continues to provide for our family.

I am wearing.....a denim skirt with a long sleeved light teal top and a navy blue zip sweater.

I am hearing.....my girls singing with the microphone that one of them received as a Christmas gift.

I am creating.....a list of ideas for birthday gifts this year.

I am going.....to be in and out of the house all week long.

I am reading....my Bible and the book The Five Love Languages which was a replacement at Christmas for the one I gave away. I tend to give away favorite books and then replace them until I give them away again.
 
I am praying.....for a son who will be going through very intense training over the weeks ahead.
 
I am fondly remembering.....my mom whose birthday would have been yesterday.

I am hoping.....that our family will continue to be healthy in the days ahead.

On my mind.....is having to deal with the end of the year business bookwork.
 
From the learning rooms....we have gotten back on track after our holiday break and look forward to very soon hitting the halfway through the year mark.

Noticing that....all my clothing has tight waistbands at the moment.  Holidays!  Grrrrr!

Pondering these words....."Laziness means more work in the long run." ~ C.S. Lewis

From the kitchen.....will be a return to regular food as all our extra people have returned to their homes or to college.


Around the house....are too many piles of clothes right now that need a final sorting so they can go to their perspective places.

One of my favorite things.....are flowery calendars.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include schooling, working, Bible studies midweek, and getting ready for a large crew arriving for some cabin time this weekend while the grands stay here.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.... 
Here's a glimpse of the pretty pink flowers that were given to me by my son's family the week before New Years.  They are just starting to fade a bit, but are still pretty enough to make me smile.  


Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating during the month of January or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

KarenW said...

I love that quote! I may use that in our Bible character lessons I'm doing with my daughter on using time wisely. Have a great week!

ChiGirl said...

:-) SO happy you're still enjoying your flowers!! Love you Mom!

Jerralea said...

I like flowery calendars, too - there's nothing prettier than the beauty that God made.

Thanks for sharing the Lewis quote - it's so true!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin