Thursday, January 13

slow down to imitate

Reading through the beginning of John 13 about the example of servanthood Jesus showed to his disciples, the devotion that followed made a good point about how we tend to live which is perhaps without the servant mindset - "Sometimes, as we hurry about our own responsibilities, we become too busy to care about other people."


:::gulp:::


"Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ." ~ I Corinthians 11:1


You know, I haven't found an instance of Jesus hurrying and scurrying around to get His work done.  In fact, I can't think of an instance of His disciples or Paul doing that either.  They moved within the ebb and flow of their day ministering as they went along.  The people or tasks that came across their path were important at that moment.


It is a good point for me to remember right now.  Not that taking care of responsibilities isn't important because it is, but to also remember that serving others with a fullness of presence even in the lowliest of tasks is equally as important and needs to be done with the right heart attitude.  The Jesus attitude.


Just preaching to myself this morning.....


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You're preaching to me, too. Thanks for sharing this.

mom said...

You're welcome! I'm glad someone else benefited, too. I did think about it as I went through my day today.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin