Thursday, February 17

back to a smile

The affect of smiling has been mentioned here before.  May I mention it again?  


After Bible study yesterday morning, I made a quick stop at Walmart for a couple items.  Honestly, I don't even remember now what the checkout clerk and I were chatting about during that brief encounter, but I left that aisle with a big smile on my face as I was still giggling to myself.  


Since I had parked close to the door at the faraway end, I needed to walk past all the other check-out aisles and I watched as one by one each person leaving their aisle suddenly smiled at me.  Really, it was like you could see the light turn on as I passed each aisle.  It suddenly dawned on me that it was because I still had this big goofy smile on my own face.


Then again, perhaps it had nothing to do with my big goofy smile but the fact that the sun was shining and the temperatures were in the upper 40's while snow melted all around us.


I dunno.  Perhaps YOU could try this same thing and let me know what happens to see if a smile really does light up the world around you?


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

LaughingLady said...

I love the reactions when I'm walking along with a smile on my face! It TOTALLY affects other people!!

AND... it usually makes ME feel pretty good, too! :)

The Prude said...

I can almost guarantee it was your 'goofy' smile.

Brook said...

Yes, Smiles are awesome...I love smiling at my family especially or precious elderly couples or other children....we all need a little cheer!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin