Friday, February 25

dump the reserve

Ohhh, I'm glad that my devotional continues on a serving theme.  How about this....

"Paul delighted to spend himself out for God's interests in other people, and he did not care what it cost.  We come in with our economical notions--'Suppose God wants me to go there--what about the salary?  What about the climate?  How shall I be looked after?  A man must consider these things.'  All this is an indication that we are serving God with a reserve." ~ Oswald Chambers

The thing that came to mind when considering serving God wasn't about economical notions or physical needs, but sacrifice. Particularly the sacrifice of time.   Perhaps it comes from being a mom and having many tasks that can be done within a day inside the walls of my home.  What will feel the *pinch* as I give my time to the Lord?  The cleanliness of my home?  The relationships of my family?  The little bit of leisure time I have, you know, the me time?  What am I willing to sacrifice?  

When I consider the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for me, there should be not be a single thing in my life that can't be sacrificed.  If there is, I'm holding on to this world waaaaaaay too tightly.

Think about it.  Is there a ministry God has been whispering to your heart about recently?  


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

The Prude said...

His sacrifice does put it all into perspective, doesn't it?

mom said...

Yup, every single time.

It's the whole die to self thing.....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin