Monday, March 7

follow Him

This morning in my devotional book I ran across one of my favorite authors again:

"Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." ~ Matthew 4:19.  We are tempted to think that we should make something of our lives and at the same time follow Jesus.  Wrong!  He calls us first to follow Him, and then He makes something of our lives.  He leads us to prioritize so that we can see the needs of people and their eternity as the goal of our endeavors." ~ Joe Stowell

We like to do things the opposite way, don't we?  We often think God needs to join us with what we may be doing in our life.  That we pick our ministry and invite Him to help us with those endeavors.  Somehow it gets to be about us and not about Him.

"Follow me."  Pretty plain and simple words of Jesus, don't you think?

Impossible?  Nope!  It takes a willing and obedient spirit to follow Him especially in the hard places of life.  Anyone can do it.  

I can already hear the but, but, buts out there.  Already busy as a wife and mother and homemaker and "fill in the blank"?  Here's the next part of the quote:

"And while God may not require you to give up your career, following Him will guarantee that you will never see your career in the same way again." ~ Joe Stowell

"Follow me."  Pretty plain and simple words of Jesus, don't you think?

Impossible?  Nope!  It takes a willing and obedient spirit to follow Him especially in the hard places of life.  Anyone can do it.  Even you!

Follow Jesus and let Him lead you as you prioritize your daily life so that your eyes are opened to those around you who need HIM!  Your life will never be the same.....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Ah, discovering and living out GOD'S priorities; being able to say at the end of our lives, like Jesus said, "I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work YOU gave me to do"....

That's livin' in the sweet spot! I am learning, slowly learning, what it means to focus on God's "to do" list for my days and fit in my own goals and lists in the in-between spots, rather than the other way 'round. Funny how the lists tend to mesh better than expected when I concentrate on His first!

mom said...

Once again, AMEN!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin