Tuesday, March 8

quietly following

It has been rumbling around in my heart for awhile, but yesterday did it when throughout the day those two simple words - "follow me" - kept whispering whispering whispering. 

As God has been taking me on a journey over the past year, I sense the need for a time to minimize distractions in my life as I fine tune my walk with Him.  He has called me to follow Him and I desire to prioritize my life so that I can more clearly see how to meet the needs of a variety of people He will put on my path in the days ahead with eternity kept in my line of vision. 

The Lenten season is a notable time to reduce the clutter of life as focus can be made on the journey to the cross that Jesus Christ walked.  A time of sacrifice and a time of giving.  

Therefore, tomorrow I will begin a forty day fast from blogging.  As my blog becomes quiet, my hope is that you will use the extra moments of the day that you usually spend here to spend with Him.  My comments will be turned off in the morning as well.  Please feel free to email me at any time if you have a need for prayer or encouragement (email address is listed on the sidebar).

May He whisper "follow me" to your heart, too!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

I couldn't quite bring myself to go that far, but I think you and I will both be greatly rewarded for giving up some or all of the recreational time we normally spend here at the computer.

I would love to partner in prayer with you for this journey!

mom said...

Yes, looking forward to partnering with you in prayer during this time, Tammi! My plan is to go through The Passion of Jesus Christ by John Piper again, too.

I'm looking forward to seeing where God leads my time instead of here and all my favorite blogs stops and :::gulp::: Facebook.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin