Monday, May 16

go grow

"The conversion of a soul is the miracle of a moment; the growth of a saint is the work of a lifetime."  ~ Author Unknown

Growing is on my mind with the spring season upon us. Everything around our home is in a new growing pattern as the grass finally greens up, the trees are budding and leafing out, and the tiny beginnings of my perennials are peeking out of the ground.  

I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that there was no such thing as being stagnant or standing still in your Christian walk.  If you weren't moving forward and growing in your relationship with God, you were actually in a position of backsliding.  That being a Christ follower meant always growing in your spiritual walk.  I think I perhaps argued in my mind about that statement for quite awhile, especially when life was content with a sense of stability and steadiness.  But I've come to realize that during those times I was probably doing the bare minimum of maintaining a relationship with Christ.  I mean bare minimum.  The enemy certainly isn't going to mess with you when you are in that position as it's right where he wants you.  Not growing, but going in his direction.  In other words, backsliding.

Can I encourage you on this day to GROW?  To get into God's Word and open your heart to being challenged by Him?  To actively watch and listen to what God is doing around you and being willing to take a step of faith to join Him in the purposes and plans He has?  The heartfelt contentment and peace found in following Christ where He leads is a zillion times better than anything the world has to offer!

Go grow!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Brook said...

Praise The Lord Tammy! Thanks for sharing this tidbit..

mom said...

You're welcome! Be encouraged and GROW!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin