Friday, May 6

refreshing may



May is here!  Since we weren't at home when it arrived, as I flipped my calendar this morning and realized it was May 6th it feels like my month is already flying by!

The verse for the month of May is from Romans 15:32 - "so that by God's will I may come to you with joy and together with you be refreshed." Paul had been longing to visit the church in Rome for some time, but had been kept busy doing God's work.  He knew he had work to do in some other regions that he felt God was calling him to and his hope was to spend some time with fellow believers in between these places.  He asked them for prayer that it would be God's will for him to spend some time with them and be refreshed through the visit.

And so I smile.  We have had a busy winter at home with the extra stress of my husband recovering from his broken leg bone.  All of our normal routine had been thrown off, yet life didn't slow down.  In fact, my plate was getting so full that I could hardly see over it and looking ahead on the calendar only revealed a continuation of busyness.  It wasn't bad busyness, but the wonderful fullness of life following God where He leads.  Yet, my heart was longing for a time of refreshment with my family.

Unexpectedly that came as we made a spur of the moment trip to visit one of our sons.  It was a time of joy as we celebrated a special moment in his life and were blessed with some additional days of complete relaxation together with our family who still live at home.  We came with joy, we left with joy, and the warm sunny weather and time spent together rejuvenated each one of us from the top of our heads to the tips of our toes.   It was just what the doctor ordered.  THE doctor better known as the Great Physician.  He heals and nourishes our weary souls.  

The refreshment He provided has given renewed strength and enthusiasm as our family transitions to a new season ahead.  My husband starts back to work, the kids are finishing up school and gearing up for summer, and my own work is moving on to a new level.  Perfect timing!  Isn't God good?!  All the time?!

Ah, yes.  The month of May.  My favorite month of the year! What a joy it is to begin it with the joy of refreshment :-)


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

The Prude said...

I love May too. I'm heading outside to do my version of gardening.
This is the day the Lord has made!

mom said...

Anita, now I'm wondering what your version of gardening is?

Blessings,
Tammy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin