Thursday, June 23

joyfully counting

It's finally here.  Let's just say that the countdown has been L.O.N.G.

Although I believe the countdown began last June 24th, officially it went up on her wall this winter.
I had to take a picture because I couldn't believe she had this taped to her bedroom wall over the winter to faithfully mark off each day.  I mean, we've had kids that are excited about having the next birthday in the family or having a birthday next month or next week, but our youngest has been thinking about her birthday for about a year!  Not only that, but she's been accumulating a list of things she wanted as presents.  When one of her older brothers recently requested a list of possible ideas for her birthday, I typed out THIRTY-SIX items.  (Of course, it was 37 but she miscounted along the way).  

I have never had a child so birthday c.R.a.Z.y!

Could it be a syndrome that the youngest of the family seems to develop? I have no idea.  

All I know is that her arrival may have come as a surprise, yet God knew there'd be no surprise in how blessed we'd be to have her as part of our family!  

Happy birthday, Lovey!  

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Well, here's hoping after all that anticipation that it feels like it was worth it! Have a great day celebrating!!

The Prude said...

This is one of the sweetest things I've seen. I hope you get all 36/37 things on your list, Birthday Girl!

mom said...

We had some change of plans for the day, but I think she had a good day. She's still waiting on some gifts to arrive, Anita, so I'll let you know when we get to the final count.....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin