Thursday, June 9

may I interrupt you a moment?

"He has a right to interrupt your life.  He is Lord.  When you accepted Him as Lord, you gave Him the right to help Himself to your life anytime He wants." ~ Henry Blackaby

Interruptions.  My life is full of interruptions from the start of the day to the finish.  It is true of my life as a mother and it is true of my life in ministry.  I have found that the more I fight those interruptions, the harder life gets....and the crabbier I get.  It has become much easier to go with the flow.  And smile.  And wonder what the Lord is up to at that moment with that interruption.  

So, when I read this quote this morning, it put interruptions in an even more clear light.  A reminder once again that life is not about me, but about Him.  I'm not my own, but bought with a price.  I'm HIS and need to live accordingly. If He's my Lord and Master, I need to serve Him where He shows me. Even with lots of interruptions. It's knowing that those interruptions have His purposes written all over them that suddenly makes them important and not annoying.

Soooo, if the Lord interrupts your plans today, smile.  Be willing to see what HIS plans may be for you!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Kimmie said...

laughing, because I can't think of my life that isn't all about interruptions. Mine is full of them from beginning to end. Funny, until now I never really connected it all together. thanks for the reality check.

They are kind of like small God explosives that make their way into our life. Nothing like a little bit of explosive fun, right?

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Tammy said...

Oh my, you are so right! Yet I struggle with that every day!

mom said...

Explosive does frequently describe those interruptions, doesn't it?! LOL!

Blessings,
Tammy~@~

The Prude said...

It gets worse when your kids are older and you have more free time. At least it did for me. I am very greedy about my time. I need to memorize these words.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin