Monday, June 20

Simple Woman's Daybook for June 20



For today June 20

Outside my window.....the skies are heavy gray with some rain on the way.

I am thinking.....about tomorrow being the longest daylight day of the year!  YIPPEEEEE!

I am thankful.....for God's continuous provision for our family.

I am wearing.....my Green Bay Packer sweatshirt thrown over a lime green t-shirt and dark blue workout pants.  I'm in relaxation mode :-)

I am hearing.....the refrigerator running.  I think the kids are in and out of it way too much this time of the year as they are ALWAYS hungry lately.

I am creating.....a list of pictures I need to print out for the grandpas of the family.

I am going.....to write some long overdue thank you notes this evening.

I am reading.....Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby.
 
I am praying.....for my eyes to be opened to what GOD wants me to see so that I'm more closely following His will and not mine.
 
I am remembering.....how quickly the calendar moves to the Fourth of July every summer.

I am hoping.....
to have enough time to finish planting my flowers before the rain starts.


On my mind.....is all that needs to get done this week.
 
From the learning rooms.....with the exception of a few corrections, we are done for this school year.

Noticing that.....the woods is completely full of green right now.

Pondering these words....."Don't measure excellence by the world's standards." ~ Henry Blackaby

From the kitchen.....
have been lots of rhubarb desserts lately.

Around the house....are little piles of this and that after getting home late last night after a weekend away.  Time to put things away and get the house straightened up.

One of my favorite things.....is picking real life flowers from my yard.  My peonies are just starting to bloom.  I simply adore them!

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include office time, two meetings, a daughter's birthday, weeding the garden, and cleaning my desk AGAIN.   

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.... 

One of my favorite spring yard flowers is my bleeding heart plant that is from a cutting from my mom's house.  I wish it flowered longer than it does, but I guess I feel that way about most of my spring perennials as their blooming season is too blooming short!


Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating during the June daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook


Enjoy the rest of June!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

Monica said...

my desk cleaning never ends! it get's piled up so quick!

The Prude said...

What a great day- did you get your piles taken care of? And I am worried that in the green of the woods the mosquitoes are making lots of babies...

mom said...

Mine, too, Monica!

My travel piles are cleaned up, Anita :-) And yes indeed the combination of green woods and more rain than we are used to is creating a large army of mosquitoes....grrrrrrr......pesky things!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Tammy said...

Enjoyed your daybook! I agree...spring perennials blooming season is so short, but oh so enjoyable while they lasts!

mom said...

You're right! Some of the greatest joys are often short lived but incredibly sweet!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin