Tuesday, June 14

spell that cracker

May I interrupt this beautiful summer day to share with you an impulse treasure I found at the grocery store yesterday afternoon?
Knowing how much I LOVE the game Scrabble and knowing how much my children LOVE Cheez-its, it seemed like the perfect snack!  Now instead of chowing down these little cheesy crackers in an instant, my children will need to spell a word approved by their Scrabble lovin' mother and then they can chow down the approved letters.  Who ever thought there'd be educational food?!  Works for me!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

8 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Haha, how very clever! Have fun spelling and snacking!!

The Prude said...

You are a genius.

keri said...

like the word "numskull".... ;) lol

Laura said...

These were very popular in my classroom this year! It made snack time drag on and on and I'd have to set the timer lol :)

doreen said...

I have not seen these here but cheez-its are my favorite snack and scrabble is my favorite game! I must find them...
I am a new visitor and follower; I love your flowers:)

mom said...

Yay for Cheez-its Scrabble! Ker, I will allow your variation of the word numbskull....play on!

Welcome to my blog, Doreen. I am definitely a flower lover which makes this time of the year my absolute favorite :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Laura said...

Dear Tammy,

I've never seen these before...but what a wonderful teaching tool! I was thinking about a variation on just reading words....give each child a bowlful of 10 or 12 crackers and a time limit...see how many words they could construct and write down in that time. When times up...reward with crackers and ice cold lemonade!

Have a blessed evening,
Laura

mom said...

That would be a great variation, Laura! Guess I'll have to buy another box to try it......

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin