Monday, June 27

the thorn of character

In reading about Paul's *thorn* found in Second Corinthians 12:7 -10, my devotional said this:

"God seems to value character more than our comfort, often using the very elements that cause us the most discomfort as His tools in fashioning that character." ~ Philip Yancey

Ever feel like God's doing a lot of character work in your life?!  Ever feel like saying enough already?!  Ever feel like tears won't even be enough to help with the discomfort?!

THEN God has you right where He wants you!

".....For when I am weak, then I am strong." ~ Second Corinthians 12:10

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me." ~ Philippians 4:13

Call upon His strength and watch Him take your thorn and fashion it into  Christlike characteristics that will bring glory to His name!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

The Prude said...

It's so easy to forget that our life really is lived to bring honor and glory to His name. I need almost daily reminders!

mom said...

Me, too, my friend!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin