Tuesday, July 19

be cool

It would have been easy to miss the message from God's Word this morning.  How can you NOT commiserate with Jonah as you read about his experience with the scorching wind and blazing sun in the book of Jonah chapter four?Especially when you are feeling much the same way with the scorching wind and blazing sun AND the humidity that soaks your skin?  I mean seriously, has God forgotten that I'm a Northern girl with this Southern climate He has been torturing me with day after day AND night after night?  

Crabby?  Uh huh!  Grumpy?  Uh huh!  Ornery?  UH HUH! Muttering some of the same words Jonah did?  YUP!

All day long I thought about these words in that small chapter of Scripture realizing how self-centered Jonah was and how easily it was to follow in his footsteps.  

Yet hadn't God's love for Jonah been evident throughout all of Jonah's experiences whether he was running from God, praying in a whale, proclaiming God's Word, or angrily muttering his misery?  And hadn't God's love been evident for myself throughout all my own life experiences? Especially during my current muttering through my heat-induced misery?  

As I began to look more closely at recent days I could not help but count my blessings one by one and by doing so the focus left myself and returned to where it should properly be....upon my Heavenly Father.  A good reminder once again that life is not about me and my comfort, but rather about living obediently and reaching a world out there that does not know Him.  A world that needs the refreshment of the Living Water. Seems like a perfect time to offer that, doesn't it?

Be refreshed!  Be cool!  Know YOU are loved!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Chris said...

I love coming here and catching up on your blog. You are such an encouragement! :)

mom said...

Thanks for coming here, Chris, and leaving ME encouraged by your visit! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin