Wednesday, August 17

full of beans

Last week I was overwhelmed with beans!  Time to get canning!  The first picking of the season is always the best picking with the most beans which means a very full day from start to finish.  I was thankful to have many helpers in my kitchen to assist me in the various steps of canning.
It certainly was quick and easy to mark the date on the jars this year.  The fun part was looking at all the jars before putting them away in the food pantry since the date "11" looked like bird tracks all over my jars.

It's probably time to check the garden again as the second batch of beans may have grown enough to be ready for canning.  

And let's not talk about the abundance of everything else growing in my garden at the moment......YIKES!

Enjoy your gardening season!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love the "bird tracks" all over your cans! I'm so disappointed I didn't put in a garden this year. Since Evangeline was due in April, and I had a newborn during prime planting, I didn't get around to it. I should have at least put in a tomato plant! But thankfully I have some generous people who have their own gardens in my life, so I was able to can up a bunch of plum jam and tomato paste/sauce!

randi said...

Wow! What a great harvest! It's so great to have jars in the pantry ready for eating. :)

mom said...

Wish you lived next door to me, Laura, as I'd invite you into my garden to help yourself! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Laura said...

Aw, thanks Tammy! That's so kind. I appreciate the "virtual veggies" anyway!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin