Saturday, August 20

getting on the right side

From my devotional this morning that went along with Second Chronicles 15:1-15 - "I do not boast that God is on my side.  I humbly pray that I am on God's side." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Challenging days in my household.  When the majority of household residents are teenagers, there are no lack of discussions and testing of the ways and rules that have been established.  As much as my mother's heart would love to have peace and give each child everything their hearts desire, that is not the wisest path to follow as the consequences in their future would be disastrous.  At some point there has to be a recognition of authority in their lives - dad and mom - in order for them to grow into adults who recognize an ultimate authority in their lives - God.  

It is a time when only God's wisdom can guide a parent in saying what needs to be said and making the hard decisions. Even if it means slammed doors.  Even if it means the extremely rare occurrence through the years in our home of having to "ground" children who are struggling to become young adults (which is quite different than when I got "grounded" as a child....do you know how many electronic things need to be taken away?!?)

Yup, welcome to my world.  

My heart's desire is not to be "right" in all things, but to be seeking God in all things.  I want to walk humbly and be on God's side. 

Also a part of my devotional reading this morning -  "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded." ~ Second Chronicles 15:7

May you be as encouraged by God's Word as I am when walking the difficult paths!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin