Monday, August 29

Simple Woman's Daybook for August 29



For today August 29

Outside my window.....the weather continues to be amazing!  Temperatures in the upper 70's and sunshine are the forecast.

I am thinking.....about how quickly the month of August has passed.  I cannot believe there's only a few days until September.

I am thankful.....for this unusual opportunity to spend a little extra time with my two youngest grandchildren.

I am wearing.....my fuzzy pink socks this morning as the house is chilly.

I am hearing.....
the sound of my husband's dump truck running as he gets ready to leave for work.


I am wondering.....if the wood ticks will be bad again this fall.  I need to get some preventative tick and flea on the dogs while I'm thinking about it.

I am creating.....a folder with folders of pictures to download onto a flash drive.  I've never done that before.

I am going.....
to mail a son his iClick which he left behind by accident and needs it ASAP for college.

I am reading.....Improving your Serve by Charles R. Swindoll
 
I am praying.....for a calm and peaceful heart for the days ahead.    
 
I am remembering.....how much work little ones can be and am surprised by how much I've forgotten from those days.

I am hoping.....
that all our schooling boxes arrive this week.  

On my mind.....is how to best meet the financial needs we have for a college student.
 
From the learning rooms.....the new school year calendar is planned out, but I still need to wait for the rest of the books to arrive so I can write out each course for the school year.

Noticing that.....
the mornings have a fall crispness to them.  


  
I am looking forward to.....the long upcoming Labor Day weekend.

Pondering these words.....
"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." ~ Corrie ten Boom

From the kitchen.....
will soon be a batch of this year's salsa!  Yippeeee!

Around the house....you'll find
 a cleaner laundry area with the ironing decreasing daily.  What a wonderful blessing my oldest daughter is!


One of my favorite things.....is seeing the variety of sunflowers growing in my garden.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include work projects, attending an Arbonne party that a friend is hosting, soccer games, tomato canning, school charting, and preparing for a weekend with family.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.... 


Here's one of my garden zinnias.  Such a beautiful deep pink worthy of picking and enjoying indoors!


Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the August daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy your day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

The Prude said...

My zinnias are beautiful too. I have to plant more next year.
Your week sounds delightful! Enjoy!

Jerralea said...

The zinnia is very beautiful!

I love the quote from Corrie ten Boom.


I'm quite jealous of your temperatures, we are still having 90° days.

mom said...

Yup, I'm loving my zinnias :-)

WAY too hot, Jerralea! I don't envy your extreme heat and am hoping for 70's for a bit. We are already sensing the cooler nights of autumn here.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin