Thursday, August 4

the star life

My pondering thought for the day:

"The people who influence us most are not those who buttonhole us and talk to us, but those who live their lives like the stars in heaven and the lilies in the field, perfectly simply and unaffectedly. Those are the lives that mould us." ~ Oswald Chambers

So many people look at the movie stars and idolize them, but those who live their lives like the stars in heaven are the kinds of stars we need to seek as examples for our lives. They will influence us by pointing us to Christ with how they live their lives. Do you have someone like that in your life?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

The Prude said...

This reminds me of a line in a DC Talk song we all liked:
"I want to shine like the stars in the heavens'
I've been blessed with many many people who reflect the light of Christ, and I'm grateful to Facebook for introducing me to more.
You know who you are :)

jenny said...

Or can I be someone like that? Scripture says I just need to be someone who doesn't complain or argue to shine like a star in the midst of a perverse generation. Tough to do. We as Americans complain about so many things. Weather, long grocery lines, if our air conditioning is off too long... And I grumble against God when I don't get my own way.....

Great post, Tammy! Thanks.

mom said...

To reflect the light of Christ in the midst of a perverse generation.......a challenge indeed! To live like that so others are drawn to Christ.....that would be a star! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin