Tuesday, September 27

befriending

Last night I read through Psalm 37 and kept coming back to the third verse because I was struck by a word.

Befriend.

"Trust in the LORD, and do good;  dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness."

Befriend.  

Befriend faithfulness.

I looked up this verse in various translations for that specific section and found "feed on his faithfulness", "enjoy safe pastures", "find safe pasture", and "cultivate faithfulness".

I still like the word befriend best.  Perhaps it's because of what the word means and its synonyms. Things like help, promote, lend a hand to, stick up for, go with, chum together, hang around with, back up, stick together, work side by side, pull together, show willingness, join, keep company, unite, mingle, open doors for, favor, run around with, be in cahoots, partner with,  to encourage, to praise......and the list goes on.  I think you probably get the point.

Isn't befriend a wonderful word?

And when I think of the word faithfulness of think of one person - JESUS.

Befriend Jesus.  

My heart's desire is to befriend Jesus.  To help Jesus.  To promote Jesus.  To lend a hand to Jesus by being his hands and feet on this earth.  To stick up for Jesus who was willing to die for MY sins.  To go with Jesus wherever He takes me. To chum together with Jesus by keeping His word close to my heart.  To hang around with Jesus even in places I'd rather not be when He places me there.  To back up Jesus by standing firm on His word.  To stick together with Jesus knowing He will be faithful no matter what the circumstance.  To work side by side with Jesus knowing He will give me the strength I need to serve Him.  To pull together with Jesus when times are difficult.  To show willingness to serve Jesus in whatever task He has for me. To join Jesus in the purposes He has for me.  To keep company with Jesus knowing He's there when no one else may be there.  To unite with Jesus knowing His way is best. To mingle with Jesus during my down time instead of indulging self.  To open doors for Jesus by being His light in dark places.  To show favor to Jesus in all my thoughts, words, and deeds.  To run around with Jesus as I marvel as His wonderful creation.  To be in cahoots with Jesus as He reveals someone in need that I can help.  To partner with Jesus in ministry that needs the gifts and talents He has given me. To encourage Jesus as I choose Him instead of the things of the world because I love Him more.  To praise Jesus because He is my life, my truth, and my way.....and the list goes on.  I think you probably get the point.

Yup, I sure love to befriend faithfulness!


May you find Jesus worthy of your befriending!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~



3 comments:

Kimmie said...

love this word/heart study. bless you my friend. I have been praying for you and all that you are up to these days.

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

mom said...

{{{Kimmie}}} You are dear to my heart and I so appreciate your prayers and the power they contain!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Kim said...

Thank you for this wonderful post.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin