Thursday, September 8

simply not caring

My devotional had me reading in I Corinthians 4:1-8 this morning.  I kept reading verses 3 and 4 over and over:

"I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself.  My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me."

Often I find myself marveling over Paul and his clear single minded focus on Jesus Christ.  He was driven to live his life exactly how the Holy Spirit and God's Word was leading him each moment.  By doing so he knew he was following a course that was right, even if it was challenging by the world's standards.  Paul knew it didn't matter what anyone said about him or what he was doing.  All that mattered was that he was living in a way that was right and pleasing to the Lord because ultimately the Heavenly Father was the only one he was accountable to in the end.  

THAT, my friends, is how I want to live!

I don't want to be bothered about what this person thinks or what that person thinks or whether or not my clothes are right or all those millions of other things people are quick to judge you about when you see them.  I don't want to be tempted to do things that will please those of the world.  I don't want to question everything I do and constantly be weighing whether I'm doing it for myself or for others or for Christ.  

I just want to exit self and live with a single minded focus for Jesus Christ with a conscience that is clear knowing I have taken up the challenge of doing what is right and pleasing before the Lord no matter how challenging it is knowing I'm only accountable to my Heavenly Father.  

In a way, it sounds so simple, doesn't it?

Up for the challenge?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

jenny said...

This is something that has been in my thinking also, Tammy. To be a disciple of the Messiah and not of the world. John 12:42-43 talks about rulers that believed in Jesus, but they missed out because they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God. Thanks for this post. It's always helpful to know there are others alongside in the fight.

Kimmie said...

though i say it with my lips, still i often find myself worrying about whether my hair is right, my clothes, if I look frumpy and undone ...silly me. though i love Jesus and my heart cries out to Him more and more, still their is too much i in me.

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Blog Widget by LinkWithin