Friday, November 25

the importance of now

Here's something I don't think I've ever really thought about before:

Eternal life, then, is unending union with God.  Many people have accepted the idea that eternal life begins when their body dies, and that their present life is therefore of less importance--it is a temporary life, they believe.  But if we see that union with God is promised to us today, in this present life, then our perspective changes.  If we are with God, then our eternal life begins now and will continue forever.  The life we are now living with him will never cease." ~ Skye Jethani

Yet don't we live like that as believers?  Like this is only a temporary life and therefore it's not as important?  Many believers walk through this life rather ho hum  :::yawn::: getting by until someday when the Lord will take them home.  THEN life will begin.  

No, my friend, eternal life began the moment you accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.  Opening the gift that He is will take your entire lifetime and is part of living fully and completely with Him.  NOW is important.

"Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.  You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory." ~ Psalm 73:23-24

Yup, He's holding our hand as we walk with Him through our NOW days.  Always.  

Stop yawning and start living!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin