Wednesday, December 28

the best nutrition

Sharing a bit of my devotional from this morning as it's a wonderful thing to consider as we begin a new year in just a few days.  Plus it's written by one of my favorite authors :-) The devotional was based on this verse:


Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart. ~ Jeremiah 15:16


"When we read God's Word, we have to be doing more than checking it off our to-do list.  We have to read it to digest it. Slow, thoughtful absorption of the Word of God with quiet reflection on its implications is high in nutrition.  His Word provides all the ingredients we need to thrive spiritually:


     *a direct connection to the sustainer of our soul


     *brain food that makes us wise and discerning


     *a daily check-up revealing the condition of our hearts


     *preventative medicine keeping us from sin


     *a spiritual shower of peace, hope, and comfort


Eat God's Word.  It's a spiritual feast! ~ Joe Stowell


What a wonderful prescription for good spiritual health as we come into the new year!  Start your new year with a way to make your heart rejoice each and every day!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~



4 comments:

Ika Devita Susanti said...

Hi tammy! It's such a refreshing message for the new Year. Thank you for sharing:)

mom said...

I'm glad you agree! Thanks for stopping!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Meg Glidden said...

Thanks for this. I'm calligraphing that verse for my kitchen. It's not that feasting is bad, it's that I feast on the wrong food!

mom said...

Great idea, Meg!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin