Wednesday, December 7

the gift of Bread

This morning I had one of those "I never knew that" kind of moments.  I never knew that the name Bethlehem meant "House of Bread".  Yes, it was located in a grain producing area in the Old Testament, but I was more struck by the fact that in the New Testament it was the birthplace of Jesus who is the Living Bread.

"I am the living bread that came down from heaven.  If anyone eats of this bread he will live forever." ~ John 6:51

As I consider how many people are searching and struggling after finding  emptiness in the world around them, our Advent celebration of our Coming King is the answer!   What a perfect season to share about the Living Bread who was born in the House of Bread.  Jesus provides nourishment and life for all spiritual hunger and He offers it freely to anyone.  

JESUS - a perfect gift idea for anyone and everyone on YOUR Christmas list!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Good to chew on ;-)

My daughter Simenesh from Ethiopia loves the Ethiopian girls name Betlehem (Bethlehem)...it is a fairly common girls name there. I too think it is beautiful.

How cool that He is the bread of life and that He came from the HOUSE of bread.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

LaughingLady said...

I love those little "A-ha!" moments ~ what a great blessing and encouragement they always are!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin