Wednesday, December 21

packages of all sizes

Coming home after being gone all day, I was delightfully surprised to see that shipped packages had arrived as they were stacked in the kitchen.  However, after looking at them closer I had a concern.  For the life of me, I could not figure out what was in the biggest box.  My memory could only pull up one small thing I was waiting for and it certainly wouldn't require a box that big.  I was going to check my order online before bed, but I was ohhh sooo tired and forgot all about doing that when I couldn't keep my eyes opened any longer.

This morning I pulled up the order in my email and had one of those "Aha!" moments as I reviewed the list realizing that the majority of the things in the box weren't mine.  The order had included several things that my children needed for the family members they were Christmas shopping for this year.  WHEW!

As I thought about it while exercising this morning, it reminded me of a conversation I had yesterday with a friend.  We were talking about sin and how when we make what may seem like a small fall into temptation it often comes with HUGE consequences because there is a ripple effect often into the lives of others that suddenly makes that small sin into a huge elephant in a room.  

What we thought was a small package is suddenly a large box because other people are involved either directly or indirectly. The ugliness of sin


And that brought me to one place.  A baby.
As prophesied in God's Word, a small package would arrive on this earth in the little town of Bethlehem in the form of a baby.  But as happens with all babies, they grow up into adults and the world would come to know this big package as the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.  He lived, He died, He rose again...all to take care of those HUGE packages of sin each person on this earth accumulates. He offers complete forgiveness of sins and the free gift of salvation as you turn from your sins and turn toward him.

God, the greatest gift giver of all, offers the greatest gift of all.  Don't turn down this gift because your life does depend upon it!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin