Monday, December 12

Simple Woman's Daybook for December 12


For today December 12

Outside my window.....the skies are almost foggy with a misty snow coming down.

I am thinking.....about finding my cross stitch fabric this afternoon so I can get going on a Christmas stocking.

I am thankful.....for the good health of our family at the moment despite all the *bugs* going around right now.



I am wearing.....a pair of blue jeans and a warm green top.

I am hearing.....Christmas music playing in the kitchen where the girls are *ice skating* on the kitchen tile floor.

I am wondering.....how to best handle a situation with one of my children that I know will NOT be well received by them when I address it.

I am creating.....a list of the final items I need to order online.

I am going.....to stop by the Christian bookstore this week to see what new devotional journals are available for the new year.



I am reading.....With by Skye Jethani

I am praying.....for a son who has college finals this week.

I am remembering.....making Christmas cookies at my grandma's house when I was a little girl.

I am hoping.....to wrap some Christmas presents today so I don't have to worry as much about possible snoopers in the house.

On my mind.....is a list that is longer than the time I have to accomplish it.

From the learning rooms.....we are busy trying to get our schooling done before the holidays PLUS I have to get a high school transcript typed up ASAP for a college application.  

Noticing that.....these dark mornings and late afternoons make me sleepy putting me into a hibernation mode these days.

I am looking forward to.....when our family will be all together over the holidays.

Pondering these words....."Finding our hope with God rather than in our circumstances means that if our external circumstances suddenly change, perhaps even tragically, our hope can remain intact. " ~ Skye Jethani

From the kitchen.....we are washing up brand new dishes which will replace the pieced together patchwork dishes we've been using for a long time.

Around the house....are - simply put - lots of MESSES!

One of my favorite things.....is watching the snow come down outside our windows during the month of December.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include the children's Christmas program tonight and again on Sunday morning, working a bit, doing my husband's monthly bookwork, a chiropractor appointment, mid-week Bible study, picking up a son from college, present ordering and wrapping, Christmas letter writing, and.....isn't that enough when added to the normal routine?!?!


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....of a gingerbread house.  Friends of ours had an extra one and gave it to the girls who enjoyed frosting and decorating it last night.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the December daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Have a wonderful Christmas season celebrating the coming of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

ღ soraya ღ said...

nice post! thanks for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya

mom said...

Thanks for stopping by, Soraya! I hope your holidays were happy :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin