Monday, January 16

in order

Although I had heard others mention it before, I think the timing was right when I read Kimmie's I DID IT! post about finishing up her chronological Bible reading for the year.  It immediately had me thinking about doing that myself since I had never read the Bible in the order in which the events actually occurred.  My thought was to get a reading guide to use my own Bible until I found that our local Christian bookstore sold one year chronological Bibles and I couldn't resist purchasing one.
I've enjoyed it so far.  It was fun to start in Genesis and go from Noah's ark, then the tower of Babel, and then suddenly jump into the book of Job where I'm still reading now.  

If you haven't read through the Bible over a year, you're not too late to start.  Go for it!  You'll never regret your journey through God's Word.


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Letitia said...

The sad thing is that I have owned one of these Bibles for years, but have never read through it. I have looked at parts of it, and it is so intriguing to see how it fits together.

mom said...

This may be the year to do it, Letitia! I may be a great encouragement and accomplishment for you :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Kimmie said...

yeah...enjoy...I so loved it and my time with Him.

Yesterday He led me to what i WILL read next. I found a Messianic Bible (blueletterbible.org has the Hebrew Names Bible for free...it is in the drop down menu under versions HNV)...
but will buy either an actual Bible -Amazon has a couple in either Kindle form or book (which means I might have to splurge for a Kindle?) The Complete Jewish Bible looks awesome!

I love to read the Hebrew words, names and places. My heart is so excited for time with Him with a splattering of Hebrew thrown in...maybe it would also stir my heart to pray for Israel too!

God is good!

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

mom said...

I look forward to hearing how your reading goes, Kimmie!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin