Wednesday, January 25

not optional

Just passing along what has been my thought for the week. It was something the pastor said at a church I was visiting on Sunday and it has kept me searching my heart.  

"We often treat things in God's Word as optional."

It made me think of all the topics and things I've read about through the years such as books on pregnancy, parenting, gardening, homeschooling, and my Christian walk  - and how I've treated the information I've read.  Some of it has been valuable and useful; other things have not seemed worth doing anything with and are disregarded in my mind. 

Have I treated God's Word in the same manner?  Picking and choosing what I want to live by and disregarding in my mind that which I don't think is worthy doing?

Fortunately a primary Scripture passage - Psalm 139 - used in churches across the country this past Sunday has the key in its final verses to helpi me with that question:

"Search me, O God, and know my heart!  Try me and know my thoughts!  And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!" ~Psalm 139:23-24

Yes, search me, O God, as my heart's desire is to treat your Word as necessary and essential for living a life that is pleasing to YOU!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin