Monday, January 9

Simple Woman's Daybook for January 9


For today January 9

Outside my window.....the skies are cloudy in this warmer than normal weather.



I am thinking.....about how much harder it is to take off holiday weight gain the older I get :::sigh:::


I am thankful.....to know that the Lord always has my kids in His sight and will take care of them when they are out of my sight.

I am wearing.....a denim skirt and a peach and pink striped t-shirt.


I am hearing.....my dog snoring by my feet.



I am wondering.....how my little grandson managed to get the chicken pox before his older sister.


I am creating.....a list of some goals for the winter months. 

I am going.....to finally make an appointment with my eye doctor.  I give up on  the "glasses on, glasses off" routine that I've developed.


I am reading.....Humility and Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray



I am praying.....for some work to keep my husband busy during the winter months.


I am remembering.....that today would have been my mom's 74th birthday.  I miss her!



I am hoping.....that this warm weather lasts a bit longer before the typical January deep freeze settles in.



On my mind.....is a list that is longer than the time I have to accomplish it (I think I could keep this statement here every month!)

From the learning rooms.....we are trying to get back on track with our schooling this week after having a challenging time of getting any schoolwork done last week.  



Noticing that.....the reason I love my cups of coffee so much is because of the milk and sugar that get stirred into them.  If I'd go back to black coffee like the olden days I could probably kick this habit.  But do I want to? is the question.....



I am looking forward to.....spring!  Is it too soon to say that?

Pondering these words....."Watch God's ways in your life, you will find He is developing you as He does the trees and the flowers, a deep silent working of the God of creation. " ~ Oswald Chambers

From the kitchen.....I've been trying some new recipes that I found on Pinterest and so far they've been the thumbs up kind.

Around the house....things are finally getting settled again.  I discovered I hadn't put the Christmas music away yet and hopefully that is the last of the holiday stuff!

One of my favorite things.....is sitting by our woodburner in the mornings while doing my devotions.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include dentist appointments this afternoon for four kids, working on my husband's monthly bookwork (and starting to think about the end of the year tax bookwork), mid-week Bible study, hopefully some sewing(it's on my goals list), and preparing for a weekend of the grandkids staying with us.  
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....of my favorite present that I received for Christmas which was a wonderful surprise!  A photo calendar put together by my children.  I love how their pictures are on their birthdays :-)




Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the January daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

randi said...

love your list!

i was considering going back to black coffee too, but it doesn't seem worth drinking at that point. i don't mind it without the sugar....but the cream. gotta have it!

mom said...

Maybe I need to first drop the sugar and add only milk? Yes, cream would be hard to give up. Once upon a time I was into flavored creamers and that was a mighty hard habit to break!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin