Friday, January 13

to dream or to ask

"At Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon during the night in a dream, and God said, 'Ask for whatever you want me to give you.'" ~ I Kings 3:5

"So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong." was King Solomon's reply in I Kings 3:9

At this moment there are several situations that I need God's wisdom in order to make important decisions or to be able to advise with discernment.  I would simply love it  if the Lord would appear to me in a dream and allow me to ask Him for whatever I wanted Him to give me because there is truly nothing else I can think of I want at the moment except W.I.S.D.O.M.  Not any old wisdom, but HIS wisdom.  

And yet, I do not need to long for a dream when I am reminded of this verse in the New Testament:

James 1:5 - "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."

Lacking wisdom?  Ask God and He will give wisdom generously.  But there's a catch....

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting....." ~ James 1:6

When asking for wisdom, it must be in complete confidence of what God will reveal.  With complete confidence you can take that step of faith to obediently follow Him where He faithfully leads.  


So to dream or to ask in prayer?  What's your choice?


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin