Monday, February 13

Simple Woman's Daybook for February 13


For today February 13

Outside my window.....the skies are mostly sunny and it was below zero when I woke up. 


I am thinking.....about how quickly this short month is going by with so many activities filling the pages.


I am thankful.....for the Lord's provision for our family. He's never a moment too late!



I am wearing.....my bathrobe and fuzzy socks as it feels too chilly in the house to get dressed yet.


I am hearing.....the furnace running since the woodburner can't quite warm the whole house when it's this cold outside.


I am wondering.....how this political primary system ever got started.  Seems totally unfair to the later primary states as candidates drop out because of early results.  Guess this is a homeschool research project just waiting to happen.


I am creating.....valentines for a group of volunteers.


I am going.....to make an appointment for a daughter's ear piercing as she turns thirteen next week.



I am reading.....Humility and Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray.


I am praying.....for a group of girls who really need to know the Lord.


I am remembering.....how cold winters typically are and this rare cold morning reminds me of how much I'm not missing that weather this winter.  Thankfully it is suppose to get up into the 30's today and the rest of the week.  


I am hoping.....that the winter hibernation mode my body has been in for the past several weeks will begin reversing soon.


On my mind.....is a brave son.


From the learning rooms.....we're keeping up pretty well these days.


Noticing that.....the daylight hours are beginning to stretch a bit.


I am looking forward to.....a possible brief time away in warmer weather.


Pondering these words....."Oh, you who love the Lord Jesus, take time daily in the inner chamber with Him to drink in a fresh supply of His heavenly love.  It will make you strong in faith, and your joy will be full.  Love, joy, faith—these will fill your life each day through the grace of the Lord Jesus. " ~ Andrew Murray

From the kitchen.....will be some simmering bowls of chili in the days ahead.

Around the house....are little piles of fabric as I work on cutting quilt blocks.

One of my favorite things.....is the cozy warmth of our woodburner on cold winter days.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include mid-week Bible study, sewing together quilt blocks, filling out college paperwork, a ski day for the kids, and enjoying Valentine's Day.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
A peek at the valentines I attempted to make over the weekend.  What they may lack in creativity will hopefully be made up by the fact they come from my heart of thankfulness.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the February daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin