Wednesday, February 22

the sudden notice

It escaped my notice until last night.

The Lenten season begins today.

Last year I was intentional about my journey through that season making several choices - such as not blogging or Facebooking - until Resurrection Sunday as I reduced clutter in my life so I could more fully focus on Him.  

This year I've only had a few hours to ponder this season of sacrifice not yet knowing what choices I should make so I could more fully focus on Him.  

One thing I will do, however, is use John Piper's book The Passion of Jesus Christ as part of my walk through Lent.  As I ponder some more today, I'll leave you with two short powerful quotes from the first reading in this book:

"We glorify what we enjoy most.  And it isn't God."          ~ John Piper

"Let us not trifle with God or trivialize his love.  We will never stand in awe of being loved by God until we reckon with the seriousness of our sin and the justice of his wrath against us." ~ John Piper


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

catching up with you. Praying God blesses you as you press closer to His heart for you.

xoxo
Kimmie+

mom said...

Thanks, Kimmie! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin