Monday, March 12

Simple Woman's Daybook for March 12



For today March 12

Outside my window.....there is light rain and a very gray day awaiting me.



I am thinking.....about how quickly this snow will melt with this rain and the forecasted warm temperatures coming this week.

I am thankful.....for the Lord's protection over all of our family's various travels recently.


I am wearing.....my denim skirt and a pink hooded sweatshirt since it's a little cool in the house this morning.

I am hearing.....my husband's truck running out in the driveway as he gets ready to head off to work.

I am wondering.....how to get all my winter cleaning projects done before spring arrives as it appears to be in a hurry to arrive!

I am creating.....a granny square kind of quilt.


I am going.....to take my long winter coat in for dry cleaning as I hopeful that I'm done wearing it for this season.



I am reading.....The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.


I am praying.....for our political leaders to have wisdom, unity, and a willingness to put their political parties aside and seek real answers for our country.

I am remembering.....that today would have been my grandmother's birthday.   As I consider how many family members are Christians on this side of the family, I believe she must have been quite a prayer warrior.


I am hoping.....to kick sugar for awhile.  Wish me success!


On my mind.....is my youngest who has been a frequent waker-upper over the last several nights which means I'm a frequent waker-upper, too, since she comes to my side of the bed!

From the learning rooms.....we're enjoying the number of pages in books greatly decreasing.


Noticing that.....the *springing ahead* doesn't get easier the older I get.


I am looking forward to.....signs of spring and the arrival of the first robin.

Pondering these words....."There is no need to plead that the love of God shall fill our hearts as though He were unwilling to fill us:  He is willing as light is willing to flood a room that is opened to its brightness; willing as water is willing to flow into an emptied channel.  Love is pressing round us on all sides like air.  Cease to resist, and instantly love takes possession. " ~ Amy Carmichael



From the kitchen.....will lots of vegetable chopping.

Around the house....are remnants of a changing season where we need both warm and cool kinds of clothes which means there's winter jackets, spring fleece, soaking mittens, muddy boots, running shoes, etc.

One of my favorite things.....is the return of happy birds singing outside my window as long as they don't start chirping too early in the morning!  LOL!

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a lighter week since the area has spring break so we most of our regular activities are canceled this week.  However, we still have schooling plus I have a string of four meetings which I need to be prepared for which begin late this week.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
A picture of the beach we visited as I went out walking one morning.  I can smell the salt air just looking at that picture!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the March daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Laura said...

How do you like the Hunger Games?

mom said...

I'm not too far into it yet, so I'll let you know!

Love you,
Mom

Laura said...

Sweet!

Love you too! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin