Tuesday, March 27

to start the day

"The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup!"

If you can hum that sentence, then you grew up during a time when there were lots of coffee commercials on television.  I hardly ever watch television anymore, but I can't say that I've seen a Tasters Choice or Hills Brothers or Folgers commercial in years.  

That doesn't change the fact that the best part of waking up in the morning is smelling fresh coffee brewing.  I'm so thankful for my son and daughter-in-law who introduced us to whole coffee beans and the art of grinding those beans because that has definitely enhanced the whole coffee drinking experience.  Although all the sleepyheads cringe in the morning with the noise of Dad grinding coffee, it is one of my favorite wake-up calls as his pots of coffee are the best.

Stirring in a bit of milk and sugar in one of my favorite cups, the next task is to head to my desk to spend some time in God's Word.

Can't think of a better combination to get each day started with a smile!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin