Monday, April 9

Simple Woman's Daybook for April 9



For today April 9

Outside my window.....the skies have been a heavy gray all day with a :::whispering::: slight chance of a snowflake or two tonight.

I am thinking.....about how messy our lives get at times.

I am thankful.....that our state primary is over as everyone here was soooo tired of the constant telephone calls and advertising everywhere.

I am wearing.....my khaki pants, a favorite brown shirt with embroidered flowers, and my dark pink fleece on top.  

I am hearing.....a Lord of the Rings movie playing in the living room.

I am wondering.....when I'll have time to get my garden seed order ready.

I am creating.....a couple boxes of goodies to send overseas to a couple servicemen so far from home.  

I am going.....to head to bed early tonight because I'm TIRED!

I am reading.....my Bible right now and trying to catch up on my daily reading calendar.

I am praying.....for friends of mine who are moving away as they transition into a new chapter that the Lord has for them.

I am remembering.....the fun of Easter mornings when the kids were all little.  Things like finding baskets and trying to get all the chocolate off their faces before getting them dressed for church!

I am hoping.....this weather warms up again! 

On my mind.....is a young woman I met last week.  

From the learning rooms.....we're actually starting to finish a book or two as the kids are focusing on the end of the year.  THAT is a wonderful feeling!

Noticing that.....the daylight is stretching earlier in the morning and later in the evening.  I like it!


I am looking forward to.....packing up ALL of the winter things like mittens and flannel sheets and fuzzy socks.

Pondering these words....."We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past  But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future. " ~ Steve Maraboli

From the kitchen.....will be some cookie baking for our packages.

Around the house....are scattered pieces of Easter basket grass lying on the floor in every single room.

One of my favorite things.....are the walks I take with my girls.  

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a bit of work, the last kids' ministry event for this school year, a mid-week Bible study in our home, a teaching session for ministry volunteers, some bookwork for my husband's business, and a bit of writing for a newsletter.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
A rather empty Easter basket with only leftover jellybeans hidden on the bottom.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the April daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

Theresa said...

I enjoyed your daybook. I put our flannel sheets away this weekend. Wow, you may be getting flurries tonight! I missed the snow this year.

mom said...

Thanks for stopping by, Theresa! Unfortunately our temperatures are staying pretty cool at night yet, so our flannel sheets will have to stay on a bit longer.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

The Prude said...

My usually easy-going husband banned Easter grass from our house years ago because of its tendency to multiply. I have been pondering the same thoughts in your Steve Maraboli quote!

Love Bears All Things said...

I stuffed Easter buckets for the 'grands' here but no grass at Daughter's request....a little candy but mostly other bits...
I've moved some of my cold weather clothes to the other closet and brought my capris to the one in our Master but there are still some long sleeved shirts, sweaters and jackets that need to be moved...I like the longer days also, I don't like that we change our clocks, though...I try hard to believe I am not my body but I'm not convinced....getting older when I still feel young.
Mama Bear

mom said...

I like the quote a lot, too, Anita, as it can be such an encouragement to people who are going through a difficult time. 'Course I like to add that they have been handcrafted by the Creator who loves them dearly and has a plan for their life :-)

I'm not much of a changing clocks kind of person either and I think it's hard on us no matter what our age!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin