Monday, May 7

Simple Woman's Daybook for May 7



For today May 7

Outside my window.....the skies are gray and misty.  


I am thinking.....it's my husband's turn to till our garden this week.

I am thankful.....for finding something important in my cleaning this weekend that I thought I had lost.


I am wearing.....a denim skirt, white t-shirt, with a dark pink fleece thrown on top.

I am hearing.....the birds chitter chattering outside my windows.

I am wondering.....if I should call this morning to see if I can get my eyes checked again as my progressive glasses are definitely "off" for faraway vision.

I am creating.....a quilt for my granddaughter.

I am going.....to stop by the local farm market to pick up some seed potatoes before they are all gone.

I am reading.....Church Unique by Will Mancini.

I am praying.....for a friend of mine whose husband died suddenly as she and her family adjust to this difficult loss.  

I am remembering.....how very much I dislike the wood ticks that also arrive in spring :-/

I am hoping.....the weather warms up again and we see some SUN!


On my mind.....is my daughter who isn't turning the corner with the "bug" she's had for awhile as I try to determine if this is perhaps something that isn't viral.

From the learning rooms.....we're finishing up many of our studies for the year!  YIPPEE!

I am learning....that applying learning is something even moms need to do.

Noticing that.....the grass is almost ready for its first mowing.

I am looking forward to.....planting my garden in the weeks ahead.

Pondering these words....."The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress." ~ Joseph Joubert

From the kitchen.....is a new batch of kombucha tea sitting on the counter.

Around the house....are dog fur dust bunnies as the dogs are shedding their winter coats in a big way.



One of my favorite things.....are new gel pens!  (I know, I'm just like a kid, aren't I?)

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a bit of work, an annual congregational meeting, sewing quilt blocks, a birthday celebration of a son turning 18 years old, doing some cemetery flower planting with Grandpa, and spring yardwork. 

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
A picture of my spring daffodils in all their glory!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the May daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin