Tuesday, July 10

Simple Woman's Daybook for July 10


For July 10

Outside my window.....the skies are blue with a cloud here and there.  It looks like it'll be a perfect summer day with temperatures in the lower 80's!

I am thinking.....that summer is always too short.

I am thankful.....for God bringing a son safely back from overseas.

I am wearing.....a khaki skirt with a light blue and green flowery top.

I am hearing.....the dog woofing at a squirrel up in the tree by the house.

I am wondering.....if I can keep up the motivation I currently have to keep knocking things off my summer "to do" list.

I am creating.....a new prayer journal.  

I am going.....to the post office to see what stamps are new right now.  Long live snail mail!

I am reading.....my Bible and bits and pieces of a variety of books when there's a moment here or there to read.

I am praying.....for my brother-in-law's wife who accidentally fell yesterday cracking her femur head and will need surgery today to put a pin in that area.

I am remembering.....summer nights of sweaty dirty little children who I stuck in the tub to clean up and cool off before tucking them into bed.

I am hoping.....there's a weekend before the end of the summer when my husband and I can get away before all my older children are back at college.

On my mind.....is how to keep my house clean without sounding like I'm nagging at children who are quite old enough to maintain a clean house just by picking up after themselves.  I realize they are all busy working, but so are their parents!

From the learning rooms.....it's quiet and I need to start thinking about ordering our books for the fall.

I am learning....that patience is a life time journey.  

Noticing that.....there are things in the garden maturing before they are fully  grown.  It's kind of strange and I'm wondering if the weather has something to do with it.

I am looking forward to.....our family getting all together soon!

Pondering these words....."Appreciation can make a day, even change a life." ~ Margaret Cousins

From the kitchen.....there haven't been many full hot meals lately as it's been too hot in the kitchen to cook much.  

Around the house....are piles of odd things as I've been sorting and cleaning through the downstairs and need to put things away.

One of my favorite things.....is sitting on the front porch in the evenings when the sun is slowly melting below the horizon.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a couple days of work, finishing up the garden weeding, continuing to work on my summer "to do" list, cutting blocks for a son's quilt, and taking a few boxes to the thrift store.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
One of my pink peonies that is not only oh so pretty but has such a delightful scent.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the July daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

Praising with you for the son safely back home. Always a biggie! Good for you in knocking things off your to-do list. I think I should tear up my list and start over. :-)

I hope snail mail never goes away! Getting a real letter in the mail these days is a treat.

Patience...sigh. I need more.

Thanks for sharing your Daybook. I enjoyed it.

Pat said...

Glad your son is safe and sound. A new prayer journal sounds wonderful.I love snail mail though no one really wants to write with me anymore. Loved my visit to your blog.

The Prude said...

Always a delight to read these journal entries. What a great way for you to reminisce on little joys (and trials) of life when you re-read these a dozen years down the road!
I love to buy stamps! I hope the power and light company appreciates their Toy Story stamp this month:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin