Monday, July 2

treasuring my treasures

Instead of my usual partial peek at the calendar days, here's the whole month  of July.  Hoping if I put all the days before me here, I won't need to hold my breath so the days don't fly by.....


The verse on the calendar for July is:  "For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also." ~Matthew 6:21

These words of Jesus tell us to lay up for ourselves treasures in heaven instead of laying up treasures on this earth where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal.  

And that is my plan for this month.  For the thing that I treasure most on this earth are my family relationships. Not only do we have three family birthdays this month, but we also have a family gathering planned.  Time spent nurturing relationships is invaluable and moth or rust cannot destroy them nor can thieves break in and steal them. These relationships are not only treasures of my heart, but they are in a sense heavenly treasures, too, because they also have a relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.    In other words, we will spend eternity together! THAT is something to bring thanks to my heart!

Enjoy your July and I pray that you will treasure the treasures found in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin