Friday, August 17

no more sinking

Last night when I went to bed after a long day of canning beans, I felt like I was on a sinking ship.   So many things are left undone when I'm canning since it does take all my time and energy when it needs to get done.  It was overwhelming to look around me at this, that, and the many other things, all of which were calling my name.  Add to that a phone call that had come earlier in the day from someone who shared with me a conversation with another person who was hurt and disappointed that I hadn't connected with them recently.  

As I closed my eyes, it was with the acknowledgment that I can't meet everyone's expectations and never will be able to no matter how much I stretch myself.  I can go go go doing this, that, and the many other things and  someone can still end up being disappointed.  It was kind of a lonely feeling.

As I opened my eyes this morning, it was from a dreamy state of mind where I was singing the lyrics from Matt Redman's "You Never Let Go" song.....

"....oh no you never let go through the storm and through the calm....oh no you never let go in every high and every low.....oh no you never let go, Lord, you never let go of meeeeeee......."

It was a good way to start my day with the reminder that God is with me and there is nothing to fear.  He is not going to let go of me, He is not disappointed with me (and in fact loves me abundantly!), and I am not alone.  

So forget about the sinking ship.....my boat is floating today!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin