Monday, August 27

Simple Woman's Daybook for August 27


For August 27

Outside my window.....the skies are blue and the temperatures are perfect.  What a gorgeous end of the summer kind of day!  

I am thinking.....that this week is going to FLY by because there is so much to do in so little time.

I am thankful.....for God's continuous provision that always comes right when we need it.  

I am wearing.....a denim skirt, an old Curves t-shirt, a neon yellow hoodie, and flip flips.

I am hearing.....the crickets chirping outside my window.

I am wondering.....who will take over all the boy chores around here once they've left for college?  Watch out, husband dear!

I am creating.....a quilt for a son headed off to his first year of college. 

I am going.....to be sewing a quilt top today.

I am reading.....the book "When Helping Hurts" by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert.

I am praying.....for marriages all around me.  Christian marriages are falling apart as quickly as those of non-believers.  I'm tired of the enemy's ploy to divide and conquer couples and families.  Let's cover marriages with the power of prayer!

I am remembering.....how all things happen in God's timing.  Yesterday I sorted through a couple boxes of my mom's stuff and it was much easier than I had anticipated. I know I could not have done that even a year ago.  There is still a sadness of missing her but the grief is not as heart wrenching as it had been.

I am hoping.....to survive the bedroom switching around that will take place next week with my daughters.

On my mind.....is a granddaughter's birthday this week. Need to squeeze in some shopping time so a package can be mailed!

From the learning rooms.....some curriculum should begin arriving this week so we can start our homeschooling after Labor Day.

I am learning....that garage sales take a lot of time for little profit.  But at least we got rid of a few more things around the house that we didn't need.

Noticing that.....my garden is suffering terribly from weeditis right now.  I wish there was more time to spend out there weeding and pondering.

I am looking forward to.....getting back into a regular routine which should begin happening next month.

Pondering these words....."Jumping at conclusions is not half as good exercise as digging for the facts." ~ Author Unknown 

From the kitchen.....there will be jars of canned tomatoes by the end of the week and hopefully time to make a batch of canned salsa, too.

Around the house....are plenty of cleaning projects after concentrating on the garage sale last week.  I don't think I'll catch up before the snow starts flying!

One of my favorite things.....is the scent of the air as fall begins slowly arriving in our woods around us.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a meeting tonight, soccer games, a couple days of work, quilting, canning tomatoes, and helping sons pack up for their trips to college later this week.  


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
These are the fabrics my son picked out for his quilt.  We are doing a swirl pattern with the blocks.  I had laid the quilt out from the center to the outside but it didn't come out right.  My graphic design son told me it would work by laying it out from the outside to the center.  And he was right!  Time to sew!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the August daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Jerralea said...

I agree that we all need to be covering marriages with prayer - and also the churches! The enemy tries to divide both natural families and spiritual families.

But we know God is greater!

Have a happy busy and productive week!

mom said...

You're right! We do know God is greater and that is what gives us HOPE! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin